Mike is a founding member of the Firm, which began in 1984, thus celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2014. Mike heads the Firm’s Labor and Employment Practice Group. Focusing his practice on labor and employment law, Mike works exclusively on behalf of employers. Mike has handled scores of collective bargaining contract negotiations, regularly handles NLRB unfair labor practice cases and representational issues before the NLRB. Mike has had dozens of labor arbitrations on a variety of subjects and knows many Arbitrators in the Midwest from prior experience.
Mike has also handled federal and state employment litigation, from EEOC Charges to class actions. He handles disputes before OSHA, the EEOC, related state and local agencies and the Department of Labor, especially the Wage and Hour Division. Mike routinely drafts and been involved in litigation over non-competition covenants.
Mike is regularly involved in development and implementation of employment policies and Handbooks, and provides guidance on employee terminations and discipline and general employee relations matters. He provides consultation on a wide variety of personnel matters.
Mike has been named to Best Lawyers in America every year since 1997, has been named a Super Lawyer for Missouri and Kansas for several consecutive years and is listed in the top 100 Labor Attorneys in America. Mike is AV Pre-eminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, The Missouri Bar, 1976
- Member, The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis, 1976
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court of Appeals 8th Circuit
- J.D., 1976
- Order of the Coif
- Member, Missouri Law Review
- Member, Editorial Board, Missouri Law Review
- Bachelor of Science, Business Administration, 1973
- Cum Laude
- President Alpha Kappa Psi, Professional Business Society