“Not only do I immerse myself in the industry literature, but I make a point to visit my client, listen to my client, and address their needs.”
Peter Corsale thrives on pressure and enjoys being the last line of defense. He also knows the best defense is also a great offense. Peter has successfully worked both sides of the courtroom, representing his clients in a broad range of complex disputes from commercial contract to real estate to shareholder disputes.
Recognizing that a courtroom win is not the only path to a best outcome, Peter enjoys partnering with his clients to develop a sound strategy that not only makes legal sense but business sense too. Peter endeavors to find business solutions that not only resolve a conflict, but also contribute to the client’s larger business goals.
Peter works relentlessly to obtain favorable results for clients. He has assisted clients in a variety of industries and in courtrooms across the country, with significant experience in:
- Defending officers and companies against claims of securities fraud Representing large manufacturers in the interpretation of requirements contracts
- Representing minority shareholders in shareholder disputes and claims of malfeasance
- Enforcing restrictive covenants against former employees and joint ventures
- Representing companies in post-deal disputes involving claims of fraud and breach of contract
- Representing commercial property owners before state tax commissions and government authorities
- Representing both landlords and tenants in commercial lease disputes
- Representing clients in their pursuit of land use and zoning variances before government boards
- Successfully defended a Missouri company and corporate officer in the District Court of Nevada against claims of securities fraud, state securities violation, fraud, negligent misrepresentation, and breaches of good faith and fair dealing.
- Represented a large mining company in a defense of a breach of requirements contract.
- Represented a large manufacturer whose shipment of equipment was destroyed at the United States and Mexican border.
- On behalf of thousands of commercial property owners, successfully prosecuted a county-wide tax discrimination matter against the St. Louis County Assessor.
Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- Member, Missouri Bar,
- Member, Illinois Bar,
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court
- Central District of Illinois
University of Illinois College of Law, Journal of Law, Technology & Policy
- cum laude
Washington University in St. Louis
- cum laude,