Mark G. McLean Partner
Mark enjoys a diverse clientele in his representation of privately held companies. Serving in the outside general counsel role for his clients, Mark focuses his efforts in support of his clients strategic growth including targeted acquisitions, tax issues, acquisition of real estate, and succession planning. Mark has handled hundreds of acquisition and sales of privately held business and routinely advises families and business owners in succession and estate planning strategies in order to facilitate the smooth transition to the next generation and growth of the business. Mark works closely with his clients counseling them in day to day business needs, often drafting a variety of contracts including supply agreements, employment and non-competition agreements, and joint venture agreements.
Mark is a graduate of Miami University and St. Louis University School of Law and is a CPA. Prior to practicing law, Mark worked as a senior tax-accountant at Ernst and Young and served as CFO of a privately held company. Mark is a member of the American Association of Attorney-Certified Public Accountants, and is admitted to practice law in Missouri and Illinois.
Professional Affiliations and Activities
- Member, The Missouri Bar, 1991
- Member, The Illinois Bar, 2001
- Member, American Association of Attorney – Certified Public Accounts, 2001
- Admitted: Missouri,Illinois,U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Missouri,U.S. District Court, Western District of Missouri,U.S. Court of Appeals
- Certified Public Accountant
- Texas, 1988
- Missouri, 1992
- J.D. 1991
- Bachelor of Business Administration, 1984